Our Sixth Form now have their own website. Click here to visit.
Students from Chantry, Newminster and KEVI will be selling stocking fillers and handmade gifts on Saturday 9 December.
Our open Evening is on Thursday 5 October from 4.30pm – 7pm
Results Day Procedures – Post 16
Thursday 17 August 2017
- A2 results can be collected from the Advanced Study Centre from 8.00am onwards. Please do not come before this time as results will not be available any earlier.
- AS results can be collected from the Advanced Study Centre from 10.00am onwards. Please do not come before this time as results will not be available any earlier.
- Important – all AS students intending to return to complete A2 courses, must complete this online confirmation form, AVAILABLE HERE. This will be available until 4pm on Monday 28 August. This is to confirm which subject you wish to drop. You must login to you Google account before completing this form.
- If your results are a concern, we will contact you to arrange a progression meeting with a member of the sixth form team.
- Re-marks – any student wishing to have a paper re-marked, will need to complete a re-mark form, which is available from Mrs Allison in the Exam Office.
- Staff will be available on results’ day and the following day to discuss options.
- A2 students must remember to bring their UCAS personal identification number and be prepared to make telephone calls to universities, if they need to go through the clearing option.
Results Day Procedures – GCSE
Thursday 24 August 2017
- Year 11 results can be collected from 10.00am onwards. Please do not come before this time as results will not be available any earlier.
- All students wishing to attend the sixth form must complete an online confirmation form on the school website: www.kevi.the3rivers.net to confirm their subject choices and enrol. The online form will be available from Thursday 24 August until 4pm on Monday 28 August 2017. Students will be asked to either confirm or request to change their subject choices.
- Students who request a change of subject choice will require an interview. These interviews will take place on Tuesday 5 September or Wednesday 6 September. Acceptance onto alternative courses will not be confirmed at this interview, no guarantees can be made to any changes requested and will be subject to availability.
- Students who do not attain the grades/points score required for entry onto their chosen courses will be issued with an appointment slip indicating a time on Thursday 24 August to meet a senior member of staff to discuss other course options. (Please refer to the Post 16 prospectus for entry requirements). These students must then complete the online confirmation and request a change of subject.
- Students who do not attain the grades required for entry into the sixth form (Please refer to the Post 16 prospectus for entry requirements) will be issued with an appointment slip indicating a time on Thursday 24 August to meet a senior member of staff to discuss other pathways. Representatives from Newcastle College and Northumberland College will also be available in the Student Support Area between 10am and 12pm on Friday 25 August 2017 to offer further advice and guidance.
The Wine and Wassailing Christmas Concert will be taking place at the King Edward VI School on Tuesday 10 December 2019 at 7.30pm in the Lower School Hall. Music will be performed by the King Edward VI School Community Jazz Band and Orchestra, Ceilidh Band, Choir and Steel Pan Groups.
Tickets are available from the Main Office at The King Edward VI School – tickets cost £7 for Adults and £5 for Students/children. Please click here for more information.
Following from the excellent ‘A Night of Monologues’ our very fabulous KEVI Drama Society present their Christmas Showcase.
Entry via ticket only from Mrs Anderson or Rosie Bowden (Y13). All donations to Pancreatic Cancer UK.
The third Thursday in November is consolidated in the King Edward’s calendar as King Edward’s Inspires. The event on 21 November was the sixth and biggest event that we have put together to benefit our students and help them and their families make informed and inspired decisions about life after King Edward’s.
The bumper careers event comprises a mix of Higher Education and Further Education institutions, and employers who talk about the range of opportunities available in their sector including apprenticeships and work experience opportunities. The event supports the Gatsby Education framework of Good Career Guidance, covering many for the eight benchmarks.
Early feedback from students has been incredibly positive, with one Year 11 saying:
It was so good, I am sorted now – I know what I am going to do!
The event attracted 75 different delegates from a wide geographical area; from Dundee to London. Students and families got to gather information and ask questions from exhibitors with information stalls. To support the information stalls, there was a full programme of presentations from experts in their field. The event was well attended and we attracted students from Dukes Secondary School, Berwick Academy and Newcastle High School for Girls.
Interested in a great opportunity to volunteer in your local area?
The Three Rivers Learning Trust is looking to recruit Academy
Councillors to the governance of its schools.
Please click here for further information.
Congratulations to Joe Dixon who spent his half term holiday out in Malta competing in the Super League running event. He came first in the 5K with a time of 16:45 in very hot and hilly conditions.
Trustees, Edwardians and guests attended the Remembrance Service at The King Edward VI School this morning.
All students were issued with an Enrichment Week booklet during registration on Thursday.
Please take some time to discuss this before making a decision about which activities to apply for. Please choose three activities as we cannot guarantee that everyone will be able to do their first choice.
Once you have made your decision, please complete this online form by Friday 8th November.
Half term week is from Monday 28 October until Friday 1 November 2019.
Monday 4 November 2019 is a Teacher Training Day so students are not expected back in school until Tuesday 5 November 2019.
Enjoy the half term break.